Chimney Repair Services and Chimney Cleaning
serving Vancouver WA and Portland OR
From simple chimney repair, cleanings and inspections, to full out chimney rebuilds, Masonry Masters is experienced in all phases of chimney work.
Here in the Northwest, fireplaces get used quite a bit, and as such, require periodic cleanings and inspections to protect them from flue fires and damage caused by the elements. Call us today to schedule your chimney cleaning, and get a FREE 21-point chimney inspection*.
Chimney Cleaning and Chimney Inspections
Many people question how often they should have their chimney cleaned. The National Fire Protection Agency recommends that as a homeowner you should have your chimney inspected and cleaned once per year.
If you have a fireplace or wood burning stove, you also have a dirty chimney. The two simply go hand in hand. As wood is burned, the combustion process produces solid byproducts that build up in your chimney or flue pipe as a black, sticky layer that is highly combustible.
Having your chimney cleaned and inspected regularly can protect your home from flue fires caused by buildup in your chimney. Masonry Masters offers chimney cleaning and chimney inspections as part of our services.
Chimney Repair Experts
Chimney Tuckpointing -If the mortar on your chimney is decaying, loose or missing, Masonry Masters can help. Tuckpointing is the process of grinding out and replacing the old, decayed, or missing mortar.
As a house settles and is exposed to water, going through freezing and thawing cycles, bricks begin to move and loosen. Chimneys are particularly susceptible to this type of damage as they are directly exposed to the elements. At Masonry Masters, we are experts in chimney repair of all types.
At Masonry Masters, we are experts in tuckpointing. Call us today for a free estimate* to stop further damage to your homes chimney.
Whatever you chimney flashing needs may be, whether you are seeking installation or repair services, you can count on Masonry Masters.
Masonry Masters provides fast and affordable chimney leak repair to protect your chimney against the harmful and unforgiving elements.
Masonry Masters will always closely inspect the chimney crown for soundness and make necessary repairs to ensure a long serviceable life.
We take pride in providing quality chimney repair and chimney rebuilding services to those in the Portland OR and Vancouver WA areas.
Experts recommend an annual maintenance check for all wood burning and oil chimneys, especially before the winter season.
Common Chimney Services We Offer:
- Tuckpointing – If any of the bricks are loose or cracked on your chimney, Masonry Masters can help. Tuckpointing is the process of repairing and replacing the old decayed or missing mortar.
- Firebox Repair – The firebox of your fireplace takes a lot of heat and abuse. If any of the bricks are loose or if any of the mortar joints are eroded or back more than 1/2 inch, it is time for a repair.
- Chimney Crown Repair – The mortar crown is the concrete like surface at the top of your chimney. Its job is to shed water away from the flue and keep water from entering the chimney chase. Cracks or missing pieces in the mortar crown can lead to extensive water damage in your chimney. Mortar crowns may be repaired with traditional masonry products.
- Chimney and Flue Relining – Flues can be Stainless Steel or Aluminum and relining is the process of installing a new liner into an existing masonry chimney. A chimney liner is a component of a chimney that is designed to fully contain the products of combustion, including heat, gases and moisture. If a chimney has no liner or if it has a liner that is no longer capable of fully containing the products of combustion, including heat, gases and moisture, the chimney is a candidate for relining.
- Chimney Damper Repair – A damper stops heat from escaping up your chimney when the fireplace is not in use. If your fireplace does not have a damper or a tight-fitting set of glass doors you are pumping money up your chimney. Give us a call! We offer throat dampers and top sealing dampers.